Friday, May 15, 2009

Nothing stands as it once did.

I believed in you. I believed in me.
I used to believe, but now I see
the end stands just feet in front of me.

I tried and I failed. I tried again.
This thought of breathing, this thought of sin
This thought is slowly winning within.

How has it come to this, this bliss, this pain?
Wrapped into one, fighting each other in vain
Making sense of this blotched black spot
Breaking sense through my far reaching thought

With certainty on my lips I speak into the dark
With doubt in my mind I break my soul
With hope in my heart I bend my will
And force this heart to feel, to feel.

Please understand that it is not what you think. I am not who I say I am. I have become lost inside of myself and I am unable to discover the truth. I am unable to face this hardship. I am unwilling to watch my heart bleed. I will protect it at all costs. I will see the demise of my soul before I will allow my heart to be broken by this thing. So I will keep silence close and a fake smile ever ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment