Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Late nights & insomnia = A little extra time for reflection

I think of you more than you think I do. I read the words you wrote on some random scraps of paper and felt my heart beat slowly. Your thoughts make me relax. Your heart is so pure. I breathe deep and consider your thoughts, and wish, if only, if only I could think as you do. If only I could see the world from such a beautiful point of view. I take another sip of wine, and consider change. What more could I become? The words of a newly added profile song wash over me. “Camminiamo ancora insieme. Sopra il male, sopra il bene.” And indeed I realize we walk together, still, above the bad, above the good. Our hearts have become entwined; there is no turning back this time. There is only what will become of us, and I know it is something beautiful. Love transcends all fear. My head begins to feel light, and I know it isn’t because of the wine. My heart has driven me to this place. I consider you first my friend. I consider you second my missing piece. I consider you, above all, my family, for you will likewise possess my unconditional love. I have become weary and still you push me forward with encouraging words, at times random and nonsensical. I strive to fall into the unknown, but jumping off this ledge of false security is difficult. I haven’t yet realized I am wearing a parachute, and if only I would jump, the wind would catch me. So I stand ready, with my toes pointing me towards a vast, empty space. A space filled with a new way of life, a new form of love, a new way of thinking. I have shed this old skin. I will see things clearly for the first time. I will begin new again. And to you…to you with all of my heart…thank you, friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment