Monday, June 15, 2009

The things I never said but should have.

Unwritten letters, they are written in the dark. They write themselves on the pages of my ever-hiding heart.

Who are you? You, beautiful soul, you break the rules. You make me choose. You make me question who I am.

I scribble. The nearly illegible handwriting causes my eyes to strain in a vain attempt to discover the meaning behind these dismal symbols- these letters. It is bad enough that the ultimately discovered words still hide meaning.

I dabble. These thoughts should not be reckoned with, yet I entertain them, if only a little.

What is this? This unbound courage that seeks to break this fear. Where did it come from? I sure didn’t conjure it up of my own accord. It drives me to the darkest places where I hide my fears the most. I come face to face with my own disgrace and attempt lay these fears to waste.

Perfect calm. It guides the sea, the immensity that rages within me. The gentle lapping of the tiny waves seem unrecognizable, a sizable change from the previous battering. I welcome the dawn, the shining reflection of the sun upon the sea represents this new point of view- renewed, brilliant and unwaveringly consistent.

I fight the force that force-feeds me these lies disguised as sustenance. Stones disguised as bread. Salt disguised as water. Lust disguised as love. Heartache disguised as hope.

Enamored I sit undisturbed, untouched by this movement around me. I am bold enough to say the truth. I am scared enough to lie. I mix the two, intertwined, underlining one of my many faults. But would you love me through them. Would you be the one who breaks this perception by sacrificing all you have just to love me regardless? Because I would do the same for you, if you would just let me.

No comments:

Post a Comment